Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Final Project Plan- Thursday Post &this thursday

This sculpture was created in 2009 by Alfredo Aquilizan. This sculpture is named "Wings" for an obviously reason. These wings are made out of a bunch of flip-flops that were taken from a correctional facility in Singapore. I think it is very creative he created these wings out of flips flops. I enjoy how he used different color flip flops. For my final project I plan on doing a set of wings, however, not as large. Most likely, one wing will be the size of a hand. Additionally, I plan on making these wings out of CD disk. The shiny CD disk will give a nice glow.

CHANGE OF PLANS: this thursday post

Instead of the wings with CDs, I am going to mimic a famous sculptor known as Donald Judd. I plan on getting a doule, many bottle caps, and still use my CDs. I am going to stack the cds and bottle caps alternatively on the doule and try to make something similar to the picture above. It will be shiny and symmetrical. I will drill hole in the bottle caps so it can go on the doule.

No comments:

Post a Comment