Thursday, March 7, 2019

Sienna Martz

Sienna Martz made this piece called "Tongue Tied". I like how this piece almost looks like it could be interactive. It makes you want to touch the sculpture. This sculpture popped out at me. I liked how it was something so simple that drew my attention. I could see how this piece is called "Tongue Tied". The pink fabric represents the tongues, and they're all tied together. I could interpret this as the artist having anxiety and not knowing what to say. So she tied all of these "tongues" together so show that even though she may not have the right words to say or know how to say it. When she does talk, she talks with meaning. She makes you want to listen to what she has to say. Just like how this sculpture makes you want to look at it and touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment