Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Joan Miro




Joan Miro was born in 1893 and grew up to be a famous Spanish painter, sculptor, and ceramicist. Miro was born in Barcelona, Spain where he created a majority of his work. Miro not only went to art school, he went to business school as well. However,  he left the business school after dealing with nervous breakdowns. Therefore, he solely focused on art school and became a well known artist. The painting I chose was known as "Woman in Front of the Sun". This painting was done in 1950 and I selected it because the colors popped out to me.  I saw a person even in the painting even though it was not a perfect human, I still saw the arms, legs, body (dress), and head. Then, I searched for his sculptures and found "The Sun, the Moon and One Star", which was made in 1981. I thought it was interesting how each work of art included the word Sun. Also, in the painting there are stars, which relate to the name of the sculpture. These two Miro pieces look similar because they both look like a human figure and include a red circle. Additionally, the arms in both are thrown in the air in the same manner and I can see a dress in both of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment